Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Saturday, July 30, 2005
Where Goes My Luck
I attended my primary school classmate’s wedding dinner last night. She called to tell me about the wedding dinner a few weeks ago..and the news was kinda skeptical to most of us whom she had invited. A fren called me and asked if it was for real and I told her I wasn’t sure myself either. Then yesterday, it was kinda last min when I called this fren up and asked if we should attend the dinner. There wasn’t any invitation card though but verbal invitation. I didn’t know where her house is nor her husband’s, so I decided to get my fren to tumpang me there.

The dinner was not held in a restaurant. It was at her husband’s house and was a buffet one. I dunno how many friends she had invited in total, but only 3 of us turned up. We weren’t close to her during the days in primary school, but again we think that it’ll kinda rude or ‘dun-give-face’ if we don’t show ourselves after being invited, so we did..afterall she is still a fren who cares to invite us despite the many years of not meeting us.

She is 22. Her husband is said to be 36 but I wonder if he is coz he looks much older. Looks can be misleading so I shouldn’t bother much about that. According to the bride, her husband is currently working in Singapore and only comes back to Malacca once in a fortnight. So she’ll be staying ay her mother in law’s place. When she mentioned about his family members, she started to cry a lil and we told her not to as that’s her big day. I guess they dun treat her well. It was sad.

Hmmm should I give you some insight on the kind of person she is? Well, she is my primary school classmate back in NDC. She is weak in her studies and was alwiz caned by the teachers for not passing her spelling tests and stuff. It’s really a pathetic and pitiful sight, I dunno why the teachers would do such thing to her coz it’s not that she is lazy. None of us dare to ask the teachers why, coz I guess we’re afraid we’ll get caned along as well.

It’s good that she is now married to someone who hopefully will take good care of her. Partly becoz I think she is unable to look after herself very well and could be easily cheated by juz anybody. I hope she leads a happier and better life after this :)

So there goes another happily married couple on earth. How nice huh? Finding true love, getting married, starts a family…live happily ever after hahaha. And me….sigh. No luck in gambling, no luck in securing a job, no luck in having someone I liked, no luck in meeting the mr.right again, everything seems so bleak at the moment. Tell me…when is my good luck gonna come?

The Malaysian Mega Sales is here. Another event to make me whine. I have not bought anything at all that’s in my shopping list. Nothing, and everybody is going shopping like crazy. By the time I get a job, guess the sale will be over. I have no slightest idea on when my first company will call up and offer me my first job. I’m getting so frustrated as days go by. It has become a habit of mine to wake up early and turn my hp switch on, so that if any company calls, I’ll not miss it. But the phone has been silent, most of the time, except for calls and sms-es. A company I sent my resume to (I think around early June) has JUST replied my email yesterday saying that my resume was read-protected and asked me to resend it. It has already been a month plus now since the day I first started on my job hunt. Guess I dun nid to worry so much huh, since the companies will obviously need time to process few hundreds of applications? Haha juz some lame excuses to comfort myself here and who knows it could be the truth though. Anyway, I’m still sending resumes to some big established firms lately. The job hunt never stops :)

Anyway, gentle reminder to all graduating students…..

-Dun forget to send your robe rental order if you haven’t.
-Make sure you have gotten the Convo Confirmation Letter from MMU
-Remember to register at
www.mmu.edu.my/convo
-Also, make an appointment with the photo studio you’d like to take ur graduation photos at.
-Eat, sleep and exercise well, you wouldn’t want to fall sick or to look bad in photos for convo :p

The road to convo….coming up!

Post a Comment